South Berkshire WIC
WIC is open and here to support you.
If you’re concerned about your WIC benefits for any reason, call
(413) 528-0457 for assistance.
WIC is a free, nationwide nutrition and health education program for income-eligible parents, caregivers, and pregnant mothers.
Eligible parents receive:
- A WIC grocery card for use in stores and farmer’s markets
- Free healthy food from local farms
- Nutrition support and health education
- Breastfeeding support
- Referral to other area services
Formally known as the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, WIC’s goal is to help keep pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women and children under age five as healthy as possible.
Family Services’ WIC nutritionists work with clients to achieve health goals, with nutritional planning, supplemental food support, breastfeeding assistance, immunization checks, health screenings, and referrals.
You can participate in Berkshire South WIC if:
- You live in Massachusetts
- You are a primary caregiver for child/children under five years of age
- You are a pregnant, postpartum, or breastfeeding mother
- Have a family income that meets WIC guidelines
Using your WIC food benefits is now faster, easier, and more convenient than ever.
WIC transactions are made with a benefits card similar to using a debit or credit card. And now Massachusetts WIC has a mobile app!
The WIC Shopper app allows you to check your benefits, scan barcodes for approved foods, find approved store locations and even download yummy recipes.