Testing, Vaccines & Information
For those without internet access, area Councils on Aging offer help to find appointments for vaccines or testing.
Council on Aging Location + Phone Number
Vaccines and booster shots can prevent the spread and severity of Covid-19, and testing also helps reduce the spread of the virus.
- Vaccines are now available for free to all adults and children five (5) and older.
- Visit our Calendar or the CHP Mobile Health Unit schedule.
- For information on other COVID-19 vaccine walk-in sites in Berkshire County, visit getvaccinatedberkshires.org.
- Many area pharmacies also offer vaccines, so check with a pharmacy in your neighborhood to learn more.
- You may also contact the Berkshire County COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 413-449-5575 for Covid-19 information and assistance.
Questions about vaccines? Concerned about vaccine myths and misinformation? Visit the CDC for the most up-to-date FAQs.
If you believe you have Covid-19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone with symptoms, you may:
- Visit the CHP Mobile Health Unit page to find out about appointment-based testing.
- Contact your primary care clinician for guidance on testing, OR
- Call the Berkshire Health Systems COVID-19 Hotline at 855-262-5465, from 8 am to 4:30 pm, for guidance on getting tested in Great Barrington, North Adams, or Pittsfield.
CHP offers free testing as part of the “Stop the Spread” campaign. Contact your primary care clinician with questions about cost.
Testing Fees: If you are symptomatic or suspect that you have been exposed to COVID-19, insurance generally covers testing.
Testing for travel may require payment.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOU ARE SICK OR HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO COVID-19:
- Wear a mask.
- Maintain a physical distance from those around you.
- Wash your hands.
- Avoid indoor gatherings.
- If you feel ill, stay home.
- If you have symptoms, get tested.